ABAP implicitly references the Gregorian calendar, valid across most of the world. We can convert the output to country specific calendars. A date is a time specified to a precise day, week or month with respect to a calendar. A time is specified to a precise second or minute with respect to a day. ABAP always saves time in 24-hour format. The output can have a country specific format. Dates and time are usually interpreted as local dates that are valid in the current time zone.

ABAP provides two built-in types to work with dates and time −

  • D data type
  • T data type
Following is the basic format:

DATA: date TYPE D,
      time TYPE T.

DATA: year TYPE I,
month TYPE I,
day TYPE I,
hour TYPE I,
minute TYPE I,
second TYPE I.

Both of these types are fixed-length character types that have the form YYYYMMDD and HHMMSS, respectively.






Serkan AKKAVAK
Computer Engineer
ABAP Developer & SAP S/4 HANA Logistics Team Lead
Contact : serkurumsal@yandex.com